Wednesday 1 March 2017

Your Mid-Week Update for 03/01/17

I have to keep this brief, I still have blood in my fingernails and it’s going to take forever to clean them out before work. I’ve seen people spurt blood from their neck in movies and I’ve seen them gush in real life, but this was a whole new level. Tweezers were not supposed to be the most dangerous weapon I used in my career and yet it was surprisingly useful for a close-up kill. Because it doesn’t just poke a hole or slice in a thin line; it’s an open, gapping chunk of neck that just doesn’t stop – hence why I was so unprepared for how much cleanup would be involved. It was a gift from my husband so how could I refuse? He brought me this sweet young woman who was walking home from a bad break up and just needed some company. She was actually very company. She was normal and had normal problems like a sexist boss, and an insensitive ex-boyfriend, and car payments that were clashing with her student loan payments. We had a very nice chat before I killed her. I’d forgotten how nice it is to just sit and talk with someone. It was a nice reminder that the world keeps going and you can move on. Things will get back to normal.

Heather is coming back to work next week. Her mousey temp has been fine but she’s no Heather. I’ve always liked Heather’s work ethic, that’s nothing new, so it stands to reason that when she’s not around I miss her. I still can’t believe I let myself get this attached to my secretary but that’s a whole other problem.

Now I really need to go and scrub before work.

It’s always the little things that will get you.

As always, dear readers,


Stay Safe

No comments:

Post a Comment